This is an iPhone shot of the gorgeous Leica store in DC, where they were showing an exhibit of black and white photography by Peter Turnley. It’s a beautiful space, like an Apple store for photographers.
I would love a Leica.
But the iPhone is the Leica of today, a camera that is small, easy to use and non-intimidating, traits that make it ideal for street photography. iPhoneographers like Greg Schmigel highlight this trend.
Ironically, and perhaps maddeningly for photo purists, this Instagram pic was used in a blog post about the Turnley show by the Leica curator.
Of course, an iPhone can’t do all the things that a $7000 Leica can do. But it can still make art.
- Does Anyone Make Real Shit Anymore? - May 15, 2017
- Macron Wins: The End of the Beginning - May 8, 2017
- James Buchanan – Worst President Ever? - May 3, 2017
- Day Trip: Little Washington - April 26, 2017
- Remaindered Reads - April 17, 2017
- What Price Louisville? - April 11, 2017
- Take One Home: The Community Collective Photography Show - April 6, 2017
- A War We Must Win: USA vs Trump - March 31, 2017
- There is Money in Coworking - March 29, 2017
- Artomatic Demonstrates the Creative Power of DC - March 28, 2017