This is from one of my favorite places – New River Trail State Park in southwest Virginia. It’s an old rail-trail that follows the river for miles. It’s scenic and sparcely-used, especially in late fall. I was lucky to get this picture (and bike ride) in before the weather turned. This is where the trail goes over a road which looks like it could be the cover of a country album.
It’s an iPhone pic modified in Instagram.
Bonus: here’s a video of biking down the trail.
- Screenwriting Resources for DC Shorts Mentors - March 7, 2014
- Friday Photo: Capitol Snowglobe Edition - March 7, 2014
- Defeat Writer’s Block the WordPress Way - March 4, 2014
- Friday Photo: Mysterious Snow Edition - February 28, 2014
- The 21st Century is a Really Bad Time for Control Freaks - February 27, 2014
- Tell It Slant: The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards - February 25, 2014
- Imperfect Art is Better Than No Art at All - February 23, 2014
- Friday Photo: Construction Crane Edition - February 7, 2014
- Photos n’ Boots at the Frye Company Popup Gallery - January 31, 2014
- The Up Side of Down by Megan McAardle - January 26, 2014