This is from one of my favorite places – New River Trail State Park in southwest Virginia. It’s an old rail-trail that follows the river for miles. It’s scenic and sparcely-used, especially in late fall. I was lucky to get this picture (and bike ride) in before the weather turned. This is where the trail goes over a road which looks like it could be the cover of a country album.
It’s an iPhone pic modified in Instagram.
Bonus: here’s a video of biking down the trail.
- Friday Photo: Poolside Edition - August 15, 2014
- Faith by the Strata Collective at Leica DC - August 10, 2014
- Don’t Bike on H Street - August 8, 2014
- The Cynic’s Guide to Government Contracting - August 4, 2014
- Friday Photo: DC Shorts Edition - August 1, 2014
- The War That Ended Peace - July 29, 2014
- IN MY EYES: Hardcore Concert Photography in DC - July 11, 2014
- Bikes and Bias: Why You Shouldn’t Trust the Washington Post - July 9, 2014
- Five Places to Write in Washington, DC - July 7, 2014
- Friday Photo: America Edition - July 3, 2014