This is from one of my favorite places – New River Trail State Park in southwest Virginia. It’s an old rail-trail that follows the river for miles. It’s scenic and sparcely-used, especially in late fall. I was lucky to get this picture (and bike ride) in before the weather turned. This is where the trail goes over a road which looks like it could be the cover of a country album.
It’s an iPhone pic modified in Instagram.
Bonus: here’s a video of biking down the trail.
- Murder in Ocean Hall – Free on Kindle! Black Friday Special! - November 28, 2014
- Coffeeneuring: Lessons Learned - November 23, 2014
- Coffeeneuring 7: Sex and the City and Cappuccino - November 21, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #6: Popsicles and Political Power - November 14, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #5: A Tale of Two Cycletracks - November 10, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #4: A Coffee Experience - November 4, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #3: Muffins and Marathons - October 30, 2014
- Running on Empty on the Jackson River Scenic Trail - October 24, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #2: Sunday Washington Ramble - October 12, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #1: Peet’s! - October 8, 2014