This is from one of my favorite places – New River Trail State Park in southwest Virginia. It’s an old rail-trail that follows the river for miles. It’s scenic and sparcely-used, especially in late fall. I was lucky to get this picture (and bike ride) in before the weather turned. This is where the trail goes over a road which looks like it could be the cover of a country album.
It’s an iPhone pic modified in Instagram.
Bonus: here’s a video of biking down the trail.
- Running on Empty on the Jackson River Scenic Trail - October 24, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #2: Sunday Washington Ramble - October 12, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #1: Peet’s! - October 8, 2014
- Photographers Not Working as Photographers - October 4, 2014
- Local Film “The Goblin Baby” Screens in Georgetown - September 28, 2014
- Can sex sell Silver Spring apartments? - September 24, 2014
- Full House at DC Shorts Screenplay Competition - September 21, 2014
- Pick the Winner of the DC Shorts Screenplay Competition - September 18, 2014
- Three great local films at DC Shorts - September 11, 2014
- Friday Photo: Poolside Edition - August 15, 2014