This is from one of my favorite places – New River Trail State Park in southwest Virginia. It’s an old rail-trail that follows the river for miles. It’s scenic and sparcely-used, especially in late fall. I was lucky to get this picture (and bike ride) in before the weather turned. This is where the trail goes over a road which looks like it could be the cover of a country album.
It’s an iPhone pic modified in Instagram.
Bonus: here’s a video of biking down the trail.
- Three DC Brewvet Destinations - April 22, 2014
- Friday Photo: One Hundred Years of Solitude Edition - April 18, 2014
- Every Communicator Needs a Real Photographer - April 15, 2014
- Friday Photo: Finally, Spring - April 11, 2014
- In the Blueberry Soup: The WABA Vasa Ride - March 26, 2014
- Errandonnee Winter Challenge: Twelve Errands by Bike in DC - March 16, 2014
- Mentoring Screenwriters at DC Shorts Mentors - March 14, 2014
- How to Write a Screenplay: DC Shorts Mentors - March 7, 2014
- Friday Photo: Capitol Snowglobe Edition - March 7, 2014
- Defeat Writer’s Block the WordPress Way - March 4, 2014