A movement that promised revolution is now reduced to globs of sugar. There’s something truly American about that. We’re not Europe, with class-based parties flooding the streets in protest. We distrust mass movements and frequently respond to strident appeals with mockery.
The Occupy movement made for good theater, but little more. That they find their end in Peep form is about right.
The Occupeeps are part of a whole series of Peeps dioramas on the ninth floor of Artomatic. Check ’em out!
- Does Anyone Make Real Shit Anymore? - May 15, 2017
- Macron Wins: The End of the Beginning - May 8, 2017
- James Buchanan – Worst President Ever? - May 3, 2017
- Day Trip: Little Washington - April 26, 2017
- Remaindered Reads - April 17, 2017
- What Price Louisville? - April 11, 2017
- Take One Home: The Community Collective Photography Show - April 6, 2017
- A War We Must Win: USA vs Trump - March 31, 2017
- There is Money in Coworking - March 29, 2017
- Artomatic Demonstrates the Creative Power of DC - March 28, 2017