Seven hours after Austin, I exited I-10 in west Texas. I would spend the night in Alpine and then check out the artsy town of Marfa the next day.
I fell in love with this road, this empty strip of asphalt heading toward the Davis Mountains. Big skies, a treeless expanse, the only other car a dot on the horizon. I took this photo during my road trip across the country – the sheer emptiness of this landscape made it one of the most memorable of the trip.
- Screenwriting Resources for DC Shorts Mentors - March 7, 2014
- Friday Photo: Capitol Snowglobe Edition - March 7, 2014
- Defeat Writer’s Block the WordPress Way - March 4, 2014
- Friday Photo: Mysterious Snow Edition - February 28, 2014
- The 21st Century is a Really Bad Time for Control Freaks - February 27, 2014
- Tell It Slant: The Unchangeable Spots of Leopards - February 25, 2014
- Imperfect Art is Better Than No Art at All - February 23, 2014
- Friday Photo: Construction Crane Edition - February 7, 2014
- Photos n’ Boots at the Frye Company Popup Gallery - January 31, 2014
- The Up Side of Down by Megan McAardle - January 26, 2014