Seven hours after Austin, I exited I-10 in west Texas. I would spend the night in Alpine and then check out the artsy town of Marfa the next day.
I fell in love with this road, this empty strip of asphalt heading toward the Davis Mountains. Big skies, a treeless expanse, the only other car a dot on the horizon. I took this photo during my road trip across the country – the sheer emptiness of this landscape made it one of the most memorable of the trip.
- Friday Photo: One Hundred Years of Solitude Edition - April 18, 2014
- Every Communicator Needs a Real Photographer - April 15, 2014
- Friday Photo: Finally, Spring - April 11, 2014
- In the Blueberry Soup: The WABA Vasa Ride - March 26, 2014
- Errandonnee Winter Challenge: Twelve Errands by Bike in DC - March 16, 2014
- Mentoring Screenwriters at DC Shorts Mentors - March 14, 2014
- How to Write a Screenplay: DC Shorts Mentors - March 7, 2014
- Friday Photo: Capitol Snowglobe Edition - March 7, 2014
- Defeat Writer’s Block the WordPress Way - March 4, 2014
- Friday Photo: Mysterious Snow Edition - February 28, 2014