Seven hours after Austin, I exited I-10 in west Texas. I would spend the night in Alpine and then check out the artsy town of Marfa the next day.
I fell in love with this road, this empty strip of asphalt heading toward the Davis Mountains. Big skies, a treeless expanse, the only other car a dot on the horizon. I took this photo during my road trip across the country – the sheer emptiness of this landscape made it one of the most memorable of the trip.
- Murder in Ocean Hall – Free on Kindle! Black Friday Special! - November 28, 2014
- Coffeeneuring: Lessons Learned - November 23, 2014
- Coffeeneuring 7: Sex and the City and Cappuccino - November 21, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #6: Popsicles and Political Power - November 14, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #5: A Tale of Two Cycletracks - November 10, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #4: A Coffee Experience - November 4, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #3: Muffins and Marathons - October 30, 2014
- Running on Empty on the Jackson River Scenic Trail - October 24, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #2: Sunday Washington Ramble - October 12, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #1: Peet’s! - October 8, 2014