Seven hours after Austin, I exited I-10 in west Texas. I would spend the night in Alpine and then check out the artsy town of Marfa the next day.
I fell in love with this road, this empty strip of asphalt heading toward the Davis Mountains. Big skies, a treeless expanse, the only other car a dot on the horizon. I took this photo during my road trip across the country – the sheer emptiness of this landscape made it one of the most memorable of the trip.
- Pick the Winner of the DC Shorts Screenplay Competition - September 18, 2014
- Three great local films at DC Shorts - September 11, 2014
- Friday Photo: Poolside Edition - August 15, 2014
- Faith by the Strata Collective at Leica DC - August 10, 2014
- Don’t Bike on H Street - August 8, 2014
- The Cynic’s Guide to Government Contracting - August 4, 2014
- Friday Photo: DC Shorts Edition - August 1, 2014
- The War That Ended Peace - July 29, 2014
- IN MY EYES: Hardcore Concert Photography in DC - July 11, 2014
- Bikes and Bias: Why You Shouldn’t Trust the Washington Post - July 9, 2014