Beasts of the Southern Wild is now on DVD!
One of the most unusual movies of 2012, this film is magical realism in the swamps of Louisiana. I had a chance to see a preview when it came out and interview director Benh Zeitlin – check out my article in On Tap. The movie was a labor of love for Zeitlin and the local folks who helped create this unique film.
Beasts of the Southern Wild is unlike any other film that came out last year. While it has an environmental theme, it does not hit you over the head with it like some graceless Al Gore production. It’s a story of family survival and holding onto your home – even if it’s a shack in the bayou.
- Coffeeneuring 7: Sex and the City and Cappuccino - November 21, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #6: Popsicles and Political Power - November 14, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #5: A Tale of Two Cycletracks - November 10, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #4: A Coffee Experience - November 4, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #3: Muffins and Marathons - October 30, 2014
- Running on Empty on the Jackson River Scenic Trail - October 24, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #2: Sunday Washington Ramble - October 12, 2014
- Coffeeneuring #1: Peet’s! - October 8, 2014
- Photographers Not Working as Photographers - October 4, 2014
- Local Film “The Goblin Baby” Screens in Georgetown - September 28, 2014