Beasts of the Southern Wild is now on DVD!
One of the most unusual movies of 2012, this film is magical realism in the swamps of Louisiana. I had a chance to see a preview when it came out and interview director Benh Zeitlin – check out my article in On Tap. The movie was a labor of love for Zeitlin and the local folks who helped create this unique film.
Beasts of the Southern Wild is unlike any other film that came out last year. While it has an environmental theme, it does not hit you over the head with it like some graceless Al Gore production. It’s a story of family survival and holding onto your home – even if it’s a shack in the bayou.
- IN MY EYES: Hardcore Concert Photography in DC - July 11, 2014
- Bikes and Bias: Why You Shouldn’t Trust the Washington Post - July 9, 2014
- Five Places to Write in Washington, DC - July 7, 2014
- Friday Photo: America Edition - July 3, 2014
- The Things We Carry - July 2, 2014
- Friday Photo: Fringe Edition - June 27, 2014
- Bike Therapy: Visualize Your Ride, Your Life - June 24, 2014
- Tour de Fat Recap: The Good, the Bad, the Ugly - June 3, 2014
- Friday Photo: Tour de Fat Edition - May 30, 2014
- Bureaucracy Kills Filmmaking in DC - May 29, 2014