Flickr’s potential as a resource for photo editors everywhere has yet to be fully tapped. Though some more old school photogs may complain that Flickr has undercut the stock market, the world has changed. Cheap, easy to use DSLRs (like the Canon Digital Rebel XT that I own) have democraticized the expert culture of photography and made a universe of free photos available. Changes like this make the stock photography business model no longer viable.
I’m certainly no expert, and I’m not sure I would even claim the title of “photographer.” I’m just someone who enjoys taking and sharing pictures. For this reason, I’m pleased whenever my Flickr photos get picked up by web sites, like the Go Blue Ridge Card Blog, which included one of my pics in their blog. I took the photo almost exactly a year ago, on the way back from a family vacation in Blowing Rock, NC. I was amazed by the colors, especially the reds, and did my best to capture what I saw from the Blue Ridge Parkway.
Go Blue Ridge Card Blog is produced by Go Card USA. What do they do?
Go Card USA produces all-inclusive attraction passes for 12 US Cities. Make the most of your vacation with a pass that gets you unlimited admission to top attractions for one low price.
In addition to the Blue Ridge Blog, they’re rolling out blogs for all of the cities they serve. They also have a group on Flickr. It’s a smart marketing strategy to use free or low-cost tools to get the word out about their product.
And, as someone who works in the web field, I’m really intrigued by these creative strategies and the possibilities of social media. I, personally, love Flickr and believe that its model of community photo-sharing is just getting started.
- Remaindered Reads - April 17, 2017
- What Price Louisville? - April 11, 2017
- Take One Home: The Community Collective Photography Show - April 6, 2017
- A War We Must Win: USA vs Trump - March 31, 2017
- There is Money in Coworking - March 29, 2017
- Artomatic Demonstrates the Creative Power of DC - March 28, 2017
- The Way We Live Now: Incompetent Dystopia - March 22, 2017
- The Rich Are Different Than You and Me - March 17, 2017
- The Terranauts: Adam and Eve Under Glass - March 15, 2017
- Southern Monuments - March 7, 2017