That’s me reading at Kramerbooks! The bookstore hosted a celebration for the City Paper’s Fiction Issue on Sunday, January 8th. I read my short story Victory Party, which won First Place in this annual competition.
It was a freezing Sunday night – and it was packed! Kramerbooks cleared out space in the middle of the store for the reading. Chairs were set up and drinks were served. The night was hosted by local author Mary Kay Zuravleff, who entertained the crowd with DC trivia between readings. I read first, then the finalists read and then we all mingled over beer and wine amid the stacks.
Kramerbooks is my local bookstore. One of the first places I ever visited in DC, this Dupont Circle bookstore/bar/cafe represents everything that’s great about living in a city. Giving a reading at Kramerbooks – it’s a dream come true!
- The Way We Live Now: Incompetent Dystopia - March 22, 2017
- The Rich Are Different Than You and Me - March 17, 2017
- The Terranauts: Adam and Eve Under Glass - March 15, 2017
- Southern Monuments - March 7, 2017
- Seven Principles for a Web Team - February 26, 2017
- Credentials? We Don’t Need Any Stinking Credentials! - February 22, 2017
- Good Read Alert: The Sympathizer - February 19, 2017
- Signs of Spring - February 15, 2017
- Don’t Blame The Swamp. Blame Yourself - February 13, 2017
- Fear and Loathing in Washington, DC - February 8, 2017