This past decade has been interesting. Too interesting, an ancient curse come to life, providing times with drama that seems to be accelerating into a mad president tweeting us into World War III.
Stealing this idea from a friend who posted her lessons learned, 2010 – 2019. Here’s what this decade taught me:
- If you don’t do politics, politics is going to do you.
- Your most interesting times will be the worst.
- You can bike in any kind of weather. Snow, rain, polar vortex. Doesn’t matter. Humans are designed for this.
- Read that book. Reading is the best use of your leisure time.
- Write that book! Creating art has its own rewards.
- Don’t try to monetize your hobby.
- If you’re healthy, appreciate that. If not, endure.
- We’re not here forever. Go to that party, hug that friend, take that cheesy sunset photo.