Now’s your chance to learn how to write a screenplay at ScriptDC. This three day event takes place downtown on October 15-17. It’s sponsored by local filmmaking organizations, including the DC Film Alliance and Women in Film and Video. ScriptDC features a full slate of speakers and events designed for aspiring filmmakers.
The highlights include:
- A Friday night film screening and speaker.
- A full day of speakers on Saturday, including Ed Burns (The Wire), Claudia Myers (Kettle of Fish), Mike Million (Tenure), Kelley Baker (The Angry Filmmaker), Jon Gann (DC Shorts) and Megan Holley (Sunshine Cleaning).
- The finals of the DC Shorts Screenwriting Competition, where you can pick the winner of this live screenplay reading featuring local actors.
- Sunday morning pitch sessions, where you’ll have a chance to sell your screenplay idea to producers.
- Script critique sessions where the first five pages of your script will be evaluated.
ScriptDC is the largest conference of its kind in the mid-Atlantic. What’s unique about it is its broad approach. Not only can you learn about how to write a screenplay, you can see scripts acted out live, and meet producers and filmmakers who have been successful.
I’m going to be at the screenplay reading on Saturday night – I was a judge for the contest, helping to select the finalists. Looking forward to seeing the scripts read live.
Use discount code DCSHORTS when registering for Script DC and save $75 on registration! http://scriptdc.com